Wednesday, March 7, 2012

From our trials, we discover our trails...

I've never been a runner.

I wasn't good at it.

Running was hard!

I hated running.

But I hated my weight more!

When I took the Body for Life Challenge I learned to appreciate the effectiveness of interval training and so I began running on a treadmill.

A few years after my amazing 12 week transformation I slowly added the weight back and then some!  Divorce sucks!  I weighed an all time high of 213lb. at 5'8".

About 3 years ago I took a jogging class a The Ohio State University and learned to run with very young twenty year olds.  I was turning 42 that summer.

As part of a class assignment I signed up for my first 5k.  I picked Cinco de Mayo; they had chips, salsa and margaritas at the finish line.  Ole!

1 lost 53lbs!

Due to a very controlling relationship I put 26lbs back on between that fall and last December.

Between the end of last December and the first week of March 2012 I've lost 16lbs, 7inches, and 10.2% body fat.

I'm back to running.

I'm pushing myself to run a half Marathon, Danni's personal Marathon; I want to see how far I can go, go till there's nothing left!

I don't know where my trail is taking me but I'm gonna keep trailing a B L A Z E  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment