Friday, January 6, 2012

Eating Healthy

Isn't enough.  It's a good start though.

There's a line between healthy and fitness.

I want to shred as much body fat as I can and only certain foods will get me there if I want to achieve my desired level of fitness.  It isn't enough to simply eat healthy.

Tomorrow I get my body fat measured.

Tomorrow Nutter will be eliminating and adding to my current diet.

Good bye Greek Yogurt, I'm sure you're first on the execution block.

Slightly off topic:

My 16 year old decided a few months back that she wanted to become a vegetarian.  She's been getting a lot of ridicule from her peers.  Everyone is telling her how unhealthy it is. 

Anything can be unhealthy.

A vegetarian who doesn't eat an adequate supply of vegetable based protein.

OR

A person who unfortunately isn't vegetarian who eats fast food everyday. 

I think she's a lot better off personally.

I had my concerns over her vegetarianism but I can't complain.  I didn't realize it at the time but it was a tiny step toward her being healthier. 

Her sister bought her some personal training sessions.  I'm purchasing more. 

She now looks forward to time spent in the gym by herself, with her sister or me and definitely with Nutter. 

It took being vegetarian to get her there.

I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment