Saturday, June 30, 2012

Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change


The photos to the left were taken June 1. 2012

The photos to the right were taken June 29, 2012

I've lost a total of 12 inches, the total hasn't changed but it's been redistributed.  The area which lost the most inches is my chest.  I went from a 38D to a 34D=4inches! 

Back in the day I rocked a 32D.  I took my eldest to Victoria secrets and bought two new bras, I earned them!

My hips came in second 45inches to 41.5 inches=3.5inches!

Before I go any further I want to mention what my trainer said to me yesterday during our Friday training. 

I'm so glad you came to me when you did because I was getting ready to pull you aside... 

That's the kind of friend everyone needs.  I'm so thankful I have him and Robyn and the rest of the crew, co workers and members at the Power Shack in my life, they're all super supportive!  My trainer said I and my girls feel like family to him.  We feel the same.

For someone who is 16.75% body fat I expected to see a bigger difference than this especially after my trainer went on about noticing how much leaner I looked.  The last few times he's measured my body fat he's gotten excited about how my skin feels something about how much looser it is.  In the world of competition that's a good thing apparently.

Ok so I'm freaking dissapointed...  But then I look at HIDEOUS and I tell the little fatty voice inside me to shut the hell up and quit being so damn critical!

Trainer comments: That's why I keep saying it's so important not to cheat and over train.  Look up all the bad things that can happen from over training.  Doing more work can lead to the opposite of what you think will happen.  Stop working out after I train you.  What do you think your body is using for fuel?  It's using your muscle and your body is holding water which also causes muscle break down.  To protect itself your body will produce cortisol a hormone that makes your body burn muscle, hold water, and produce fat.  If working out as much as you do worked, I'd have Robyn (his body building fiance) and my other clients do it.  All the pros would be doing it.  But it doesn't.  In your head you think it does because you're sweating and you look at your watch and see you're burning all these calories but you're not realizing what's happening on a physiological and hormone level.  Yes you're making progress but not at the rate you should.  On the positive note you work your ass off so I know you have heart.  I can see changes don't get me wrong.  I just want it faster.

Ok Danni stop cheating!  SERIOUSLY!!  You can do this!!!  Everyone at the gym knows my daughter and I are signed up to compete in October.  I'm not gonna bitch out or be that girl on stage who wished she did less of this and more of that. 

On Monday he's going to write out what I should be doing as far as workouts so he knows exactly what I'm doing. 

Last time we talked he wanted to focus on lagging body parts.  I can do circuit training and cardio on my own.  It's time to remind the weights who the fuck I am! 




1 comment:

  1. I think you look amazing! & you're right, don't be so critical. You've worked hard, and you look great.

    ReplyDelete