Monday, January 23, 2012

BUMMER

Yesterday was Sunday which is my official weigh in.

I'm up 2.4lbs.

I was confused why I lost last week when I only walked and was limited to upper body weight training.  My diet wasn't as tight as it should be; my diet never is..

This past week I trained harder both in cardio and weights with diet about the same only to gain 2.4lbs.

I sent Nutter a text.

U gotta make sure you're not cheating on foods.  More cardio doesn't mean weight loss.

I already knew this so why aren't I applying what I know?

Why do I continue to sabotage my fitness?

I don't know.

What I do know is I need to make changes. 

I need help and Nutter isn't enough.  He can guide me, but he can't put in the work, that's all on me!

I need answers.

I need inspiration.

I went to Barnes and Noble and picked up:
  • Mindful Eating 101 by Susan Albers, Psy. D.
  • A Moleskin Fitness Journal
  • Chicken Soup Shaping the New You with 101 encouraging stories about dieting and fitness and finding what works for you.
  • 21 days Healthy living-another journal.
MY GOALS

for the next 21 days, when it finally becomes a habit...
  • I'm on track to lose 2lbs a week till I reach my goal weight 125lbs.
  • I do not eat sugar/sweets.
  • I do not drink alcohol.
  • I walk a minimum of 15,000 steps per day.
  • I exercise 7 days a week.
  • I weight train with Nutter every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of 2012.
  • I drink a gallon/128 oz of water a day.
  • My daily calorie budget is 1,203.
  • I am a mindful eater.
We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
~Aristotle

I'm not sure how I'll manage no alcohol, but I'm going to try real hard and erase it from my diet for at least 21 days if not longer. 

No matter how tired I am coming off my 12 hour shift, my first night on I plan on going to the gym and complete my cardio.  Nutter is going to measure my body fat and won't do it on a sweaty body.  It's difficult to pinch the skin and get an accurate reading if you're slick with sweat.  My session with him is at 3pm.  I don't want to skip my cardio so I need to fit it in early rather than later.

I'm sure those numbers will be better than yesterdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment